Enterprise Field Sales Representative
OregonProcurementSearch.com is a small business one-stop shop for discovering government contracting opportunities in Oregon. Our fast, simple search engine lets vendors search for and find up-to-date procurement opportunities and open RFPs with any of our member agencies.
We’re changing how small businesses and governments interact. After a year in business, we’re ready to start growing more quickly, and that’s where you come in. We are now developing a sales team to reach out to new government agencies and keep in touch with our current member agencies, both within the Portland metropolitan area and state-wide.
Top tier clients include Multnomah County, City of Portland, City of Beaverton, Port of Portland, Portland State University, and many others.
This is an exciting field to be in, and we’ve got a fantastic product to sell. The sky’s the limit to how big we can become.
Summary of Role
We’re looking for a sales executive to build relationships and close sales. You’ll reach out to the procurement teams at cities, counties, universities, state agencies, and private industry, and get to know a lot of really nice people.
- Identify prospects, mostly in Oregon, eventually looking to expand across the country.
- Conduct sales activities in different areas of Oregon and SW Washington.
- Travel as necessary to accounts in order to develop relationships and close large opportunities (via ground transportation), including but not limited to, operating a vehicle and/or riding as a passenger in a vehicle, train or other form of transportation.
- Expand your own knowledge of government programs and functions (economic development, minority outreach, etc.) as well as the USP of the company.
- Prepare activity reports as requested.
- Update and maintain virtual sales database as appropriate.
- Assist management in conveying small business needs to procurement managers, and technical support staff.
- Assist in the development of sales training material.
- Strong interpersonal skills and presentation skills.
- Strong written/verbal communications skills.
- Work under minimal supervision on long sales cycles. Latitude for independent judgment.
- Expertise using CRM and web-based conferencing systems.
- Proven track record of quota and goal achievement.
- 2+ years of experience in procurement or selling software/SAAS/cloud based services.
- Requires contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, virtual meetings or otherwise) and the ability to work and interact in a team.
- Requires logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
This is a remote position, though you must be in the Portland area or willing to travel to Portland weekly. Team meetings once a week, and support for every step of the sales process will be provided for you.
Compensation: Straight commission. Higher percentages will be awarded to higher producing sales people.
Application: To be considered for this position, email your resume, cover letter, and why you want to be part of the future of procurement, to email@example.com.